Our Firm History
The Kondratoff Persick LLP law firm is the successor to a law firm started by William Harold Morrison, Q.C. in 1924. Bill Morrison graduated from Dalhousie University in 1923 and practised law in Esterhazy, Saskatchewan from 1924 to 1928. He received his Queen’s Counsel designation in 1959 and was given a senior life membership in 1974. Bill was a World War I veteran and a good friend of the late Prime Minister John Diefenbaker. He died February 22, 1979.
Originally, Bill Morrison practised law from the second floor of the Toronto Dominion Bank building at 41 Broadway Street East, where Alexander’s Men’s Wear currently has its business.
The building the firm is now in was constructed in 1965 by Bill Morrison, John H. (Jack) Parker and Ernie Quine. Bill Morrison’s law firm occupied the north side of the building and the Parker Quine Accounting firm occupied the south side. In the late 1970s, the Morrison Hornung law firm bought out Parker & Quine’s interests in the building.
For a brief period of time in the 1960s, Bill Morrison’s daughter Nancy Morrison practised law with him. She then moved to British Columbia, was appointed to the bench and has since retired.
A former Mountie Donald Bennett (Ben) MacDonald also practised law with Bill Morrison from 1964 to 1974. He then moved to Campbellton, New Brunswick where after having a general practice on his own, he was appointed Regional Crown Prosecutor. He is retired and lives in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
Another lawyer practising with Bill Morrison in the 1960s was Thomas (Tom) Schollie. He subsequently was appointed a Provincial Court Judge in Saskatchewan and later was appointed to the Provincial Court in Alberta. He is now retired.
The Stamatinos Leland LLP law firm merged with the Rosowsky & Campbell law firm on January 2, 2008 and now has offices in both Yorkton and Kamsack. Christina Rosowsky-Hudye practiced with the merged firm for two years until she set up a law practice with her brother.
In 2016, Nolan Kondratoff and Mark Persick joined Richard Leland and Thomas Campbell as partners in the firm, which led to the change of name of the firm to Leland Campbell Kondratoff Persick LLP on July 7, 2017.
With the retirement of Wayne Seidle in Canora in 2018, the partners purchased Seidle Law Firm and expanded their services into Canora and surrounding areas.
The named change to Kondratoff Persick LLP came in 2022 after the retirement of Richard Leland in 2019 and Thomas Campbell in 2021.
Other lawyers that have practised with this firm include Richard Hornung, Q.C., David Bright (Director with Legal Aid Saskatchewan), Todd Wellsch (Senior Crown Prosecutor), Patrick Koskie and Donna L. Taylor (Provincial Court Judges), Marvin Wentzell, Q.C. (retired in British Columbia), Ronald Wrubell, Arliss Dellow, John Stamatinos, Q.C., Richard A. Leland, Q.C. (all retired in Yorkton), and Thomas P. Campbell (retired in Saskatoon).
Over the years, this law firm has been a major contributor to various charities including the Health Foundation. In 2010, the Yorkton Chamber of Commerce bestowed the Wall of Success Award on this firm, and in 2021, the firm was honored with the Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan Dedicated Firm Award.
At the present time, the lawyers practising with the firm include Nolan R. Kondratoff, Mark T. Persick, Cynthia A. Nijssen, Doreen K. Clark, Kyla M. Eiffert, Michelle A. McCrea, Kristin L. Martinuk, and Kosta L. Stamatinos.